***Enter the Mind Flipping Contest!! See Ep 50 for details!!!***
Dorothy Kuhn shares strategies for commanding the room, setting boundaries, and navigating #MeToo situations with dignity. Learn how and why she uses NLP, her insights on advancing your career, Bystander Syndrome and how anyone can become an influencer. Plus, find out what Dorothy’s superpower is.
Dorothy helps women in businesses, in a career who are tired of unwanted comments, advances & worse, and who ask “WHAT DO I SAY to that?!”
Forrmer ‘geekess’, she used her skills to learn to relax, get funny and get the results she’d dreamed to achieve. She’s the author of Automating Systems Engineering, Lessons Learned as an industry author, and co-author of two industry standards* in systems engineering and other industry papers. She’s co-authored empowerment titles including Women Innovators: Leaders, Makers and Givers and Voyage to Your Vision.
Don’t forget to continue the conversation on the Mind Flipping Facebook group!
- Dorothy’s Elevator Pitch (03:33)
- Dorothy’s Childhood Mind Flipping Story: Taking Command of a Situation (4:38)
- The magic of mining your history for empowerment (6:22)
- What is a win in a tough situations like #MeToo? (7:58)
- Dorothy’s battle with a rare strain of bronchitis (9:16)
- What Dorothy did then and does now (10:51)
- Respectfully defining your boundaries (12:14)
- Decision making in social situations & the brain (14:00)
- Social stories for women (14:57)
- How Dorothy found NLP and why it was useful for her in a leadership & influencer roles (16:32)
- Client Mind Flipping Story: Fear of Making the Wrong Choice (18:18)
- Mind Flipping story: The importance of clarity & intention (20:19)
- Mind Flipping Tip: Setting a Well Formed Outcome (21:36)
- Common challenges for professional women (and people) (23:04)
- The importance of speaking up for yourself and for others (23:48)
- The status value increase of speaking up (26:24)
- The Spackle Round (28:13)
- Dorothy’s Word of the Day (28:35)
- The common belief Dorothy doesn’t believe (29:53)
- What Dorothy no longer believes (30:02)
- How to be an influencer (30:40)
- The 13 Second Rule (33:49)
- Commanding the Room (35:34)
- Dorothy’s Get Out of Jail Free card says… (41:02)
Additional Resources from the Show:
- Hidden Figures (the movie)
- Sign up for the newsletter to learn more about being a Patreon member
- Have a guest suggestion? Want to be a guest? CLICK HERE!
Have more questions about Patreon Memberships? See the FAQ for Patrons!
If you want to continue to congratulate Rick, you can send him an audio message, use the contact page HERE or in connect with him in the Mind Flipping Facebook Group. Let’s keep the mind flipping conversation going, together!