Join me as today as I speak with expert hypnotist, hypnotherapist, and mindfulness coach Kelley Woods as she speaks about discovering the power of touch, love, and listening in her hypnotherapy practice. We delve into the deeper topics– including death, cancer, and illness, and ways in which hypnosis and hypnotherapy can help relieve anxiety, fear, and depression related to these challenges in life.
- How a hypnosis training workshop in Brazil inspired a powerful mind flipping moment (5:17)
- How she learned the role that touch can play an important a powerful part in the healing process (6:10)
- Why authenticity and making the profession your own is important in healing professions (8:00)
- A shocking surprise that happened to one of her hypnotherapy clients that put healing into perspective (9:40)
- Why taking the “topic of death out of the closet” is important in the healing process (12:40)
- What people are truly afraid of when it comes to death, dying, and end of life sickness (14:40)
- What a “death rehearsal” is and how it helped one patient overcome her fear of dying and death (16:00)
- The SPACKLE ROUND begins with Kelley’s Word or Phrase of the Day! (18:20)
- A common belief in the hypnosis-hypnotherapy field that Kelley disagrees with (20:43)
- Why it’s so important to listen to your hypnosis and hypnotherapy clients, adults and kids alike (23:00)
- The unique joy and insights working with children (23:40)
- Integrative Hypnosis for Kids and Teens: Playing for Change
- Explore how Kelley transformed from considering herself and introvert to an “ambivert” (26:55)
- Discover the “Emotional Detox” technique as a method to physiologically remove tension and stress (30:10)
- Use “mindfulness bell” apps as an easy tool for moving your nervous system into self-regulation. (30:50)
- Understand the challenges of prioritizing life opportunities along with responsibilities. (33:50)
Additional Resources from the Show:
- Check out Kelley’s services, books, and other offers at www.woodshypnosis.com.
- Explore mindfulness and healing with the video, “The Secret Powers of Time!”
- Check out this Milton Erickson video on the healing power of hypnosis!
- Make sure you join the Mind Flipping Facebook Group for constant updates on how to change and grow your outlook on life! Let’s flip our minds together.
As always, feel free to contact me, Rick Paddock, with any comments or questions (and reviews!) of my show. I would love to hear from you as you continue to flip your mind and become a more positive, mindful, and relaxed person!