Help me understand that.Dr. Richard Himmer
Using the Harrison Assessment to speed up a diagnosis and move to healing is a game changer. Find how this approach combined with other powerful tools is used and what that means for dealing with trauma, substance abuse and maladaptive behaviors. PLUS, learn the EASY daily practice you can start today to be your BEST self!
Dr. Richard Himmer is an Emotional Intelligence (EI) Consultant, a Clinical Hypnotherapist, and a graduate of the Workplace Bullying University. He left a 26-year career in the financial field to pursue his passion. He has an MBA, a master’s degree in psychology, and a Ph.D. in Industrial and Organizational psychology. His dissertation addressed the Impact of Emotional Intelligence on Workplace Bullying. He uses the subconscious (EI) to promote healing from within.
This fosters a healthy development of interpersonal relationships based on mutual trust and respect. He uses his humor and unique ability to make sense of human behavior, relationships, team dynamics, and (client) patient care to provide hands on tools for personal and team growth.
Richard is the father of five boys and 10+ grandchildren. Four of his boys are married and all five are Eagle Scouts. He has been involved in Scouting and youth sports for over 30 years. When not speaking, writing, or coaching, you’ll find him golfing, motorcycling, playing music, or spending time with his family. For the past 25 years, he has volunteered at the local prisons, teaching social skills and addiction recovery.
- How and why Dr. Richard started doing Harrison Assessments to predict addiction and other behaviors (4:26)
- The advantage of a Harrison Assessment (7:31)
- How the Harrison Assessment works (9:12)
- Trauma in utero (10:57)
- Finding Initial Sensitizing Events (ISEs) (12:53)
- De-mystifying addiction (17:03)
- Regression & Mindfulness (22:13)
- Why is breathing such a powerful tool? (25:06)
- Dr. Richards’s Twice a day Mindfulness Practice you can do! (27:48)
- Mistakes and Retakes (34:39)
- The Spackle Round (37:46)
- What Dr. Richard no longer believes
- Self-medicating (40:57)
- Epigenetics (42:45)
- You’re Right. I’m Sorry. (47:49)
- Help me understand that. (48:43)
If you would like to contact Rick, you can send him an audio message, use the contact page HERE or in connect with him in the Mind Flipping Facebook Group. Let’s keep the mind flipping conversation going, together!